- 675g/1½ lb Sea Bream fillets
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Port Wine
- 1 teasp Sweet Paprika
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Place the fish fillets in the dish dot with the and bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the port, lay a sheet of parchment or greaseproof paper over the top of the fish and continue to bake for a further 15 minutes or until the fish is tender.
4. Turn the oven off then strain the cooking liquor into a saucepan. Return the fish to the oven to keep warm.
5. Bring the cooking liquor to the boil and boil rapidly for 4-5 minutes, until slightly reduced.
6. Allow to cool a little then beat in the egg yolks and cream. Return to a low heat and reheat very VERY gently. Do not bring to the simmering point.
7. To serve - pour the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
» Portugal Recipes