2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 150g/+5oz Chouriço Sausage, diced
- 3 large Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1.1L/40fl.oz. Water
- 400g/14oz Kale or Collard Greens, cut into very fine strips (julienne)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes until soft and transparent, stirring from time to time.
2. Add the garlic and half the chouriço and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and water, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Allow the soup to cool a little then transfer to a food processor or liquidiser and process until smooth.
5. Return the soup to the saucepan together with the greens, salt and pepper, bring back to a boil, stirring then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. To serve – transfer to serving bowls and garnish with the remaining cubes of chouriço.
» Portugal Recipes