- 6 Egg Yolks
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- 100g/4oz Castor Sugar
- 720ml/24fl.oz. Milk
- The Juice and finely grated zest of 4 Oranges
- Whipped Double Cream to garnish
1. Place the yolks, cornflour and sugar in a heavy saucepan and mix well with a wooden spoon.
2. Place the pan over a medium heat and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook gently, stirring all the time, for 10 minutes, until a thick cream is formed. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
3. Remove from heat, gently stir in the orange juice and zest then pour into 6 chilled glasses. Allow to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. To serve - top each glass with the whipped cream. Serve chilled.
» Portugal Recipes