- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 4 large chicken quarters, halved
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Fresh Chicken stock
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Red wine
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 450g/1 lb. frozen Peas
1. Heat the butter and the oil in a large heavy saucepan, add the onion and sauté until soft and transparent. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Reheat the oil in the pan, add the chicken and brown on all sides.
3. Return the cooked onion to the pan together with the stock, wine and salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour, turning from time to time.
4. Add the peas to the chicken, turn to mix and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the peas are cooked. Serve hot
» Portugal Recipes