- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 450g/1lb Beef Steak (rump, sirloin, fillet), cut into very thin slices
- 2 Large Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 450g/1 lb Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly Chopped Parsley
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro) to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the beef and fry for 2-3 minutes to seal on all sides.
2. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and heat to simmering point. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the lid, raise the heat, bring to the boil and continue to boil rapidly, uncovered for 5 minutes to reduce the amount of liquid.
4. Serve hot sprinkled with fresh coriander.
» Portugal Recipes