- 60ml/2fl.oz. Dry White Wine (check manufacture)
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 675g/1 ˝ lb Lamb's Liver, thinly sliced
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 50g/2oz Bacon, chopped
1. Place the wine, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add the liver, turn to coat then cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Remove the liver from the bowl (reserving the marinade) and pat dry on kitchen paper.
3. Heat enough olive oil in a large frying pan to just cover the bottom of the pan, add the liver and the bacon, and sauté over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the marinade to the pan, bring to the boil then boil rapidly for a few minutes to reduce.
5. To serve – transfer the liver and bacon to a serving dish and pour the sauce over the top.
» Portugal Recipes