- 900g/2lb Boneless Pork
- 360ml/12fl.oz. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 4 Capsicums (sweet Peppers), deseeded and chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 Whole Cloves
- ˝ teasp Thyme
- ˝ teasp Sage
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Cut the pork into 5cm/2-inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl together with the vinegar, garlic, pepper, bay leaf, salt, cloves, thyme and sage. Mix well, cover with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator to marinate for about 8 hours.
2. Transfer the pork together with the marinade to a large saucepan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Remove the pork from the saucepan with a slotted spoon, draining well.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the pork and sauté slowly for 10 to 15 minutes until browned on all sides. serve hot.
» Portugal Recipes