For the marinade
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 teasp Chilli Pepper
- 150ml/5fl.oz. Olive Oil
- 450g/1lb boneless Pork Fillet, cut into 12mm/1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Dry White Wine
- 240g/1lb Fresh Mussels (in shell), scrubbed
- 2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Place the garlic, paprika, chilli pepper, salt and 150ml/5fl.oz. of olive oil in a small food processor and process to a paste.
2. Place the pork in a large mixing bowl, add the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in the Cataplana or a wide saucepan with a close fitting lid. Add the pork and its marinade and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Reheat the oil in the pan, add the onion and sauté over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Add the wine bring to the boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
6. Return the pork to the skillet, along with any juices, mix well then add the clams, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the clams open.
7. Remove and discard any clams which haven't opened, sprinkle the the parsley over the top and serve immediately.
» Portugal Cataplana
» Portugal Recipes