- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 450-g/1lb boneless Chicken, cut into 12mm/1/2-inch cubes
- 90ml/3 fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock or White wine
- 450g/1lb Fresh Clams in shells, scrubbed
- Freshly chopped Parsley to serve
1. Heat the oil in a Cataplana or wide saucepan with a close fitting lid, add the onion and garlic and sauté gently over a medium heat until soft and transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken turn to coat then cover with the lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning once or twice during the cooking time.
3. Add the stock and bring to simmering point.
4. Add the clams, replace the lid and cook for five minutes, or until the clam shells have opened.
5. Discard any clams which haven't opened, sprinkle with the chopped parsley
and serve immediately.
» Portugal Cataplana
» Portugal Recipes