- 225g/8oz Fresh Mussels (in shell), scrubbed
- 225g/8oz Fresh Small Clams (in shell), scrubbed
- 225g/8oz Raw Prawns (in shell)
- 225g/8oz Baby Squid tubes, cut into rings
- 120ml/4fl.oz. White Wine
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 8 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Place all the ingredients in the bottom of a cataplana or a wide saucepan with a close fitting lid. Place over a low/medium heat, cover with the lid and cook for 5-8 minutes until the mussel and clam shells have steam open.
2. Stir well and remove and discard any mussels or clams which haven't opened. Serve immediately.
» Portugal Cataplana
» Portugal Recipes