- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 675g/1 ˝ lb Squid, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teasp Paprika
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Wine Vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the squid, tomatoes, paprika, salt and sufficient water to just cover, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for at least 1 ˝ hours, stirring from time to time and adding more water to ensure the mixture is always just covered.
3. Add the diced potatoes, mix well then re-cover and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes.
4. Just before serving, stir in the vinegar.
» Portugal Recipes